Tough economic times have very spelled hard times for shelters so we’re really happy to hear about the new Dog Days of Summer food drive that launches today and runs through July 31, 2010. This pet food drive is being organized by Be the Change for Pets, an amazing effort that began at BlogPaws by Lynn Haigh (PawPawty), Jane Harrell (Petfinder blog), Jessica Vogelsang (Pawcurious), and Dorian Wagner (Your Daily Cute).
The food drive is worldwide; we’ll be taking part next week and donating to our local shelter! Here’s how you can join in, too:
- call your local shelter or pet food bank and ask if they accept pet food donations (or toys…or cleaning supplies…or old towels! There are lots of options depending on your budget and they’re all needed!)
- print out a copy of the BTC4Pets flier
- have a photo taken of you with the flier as you’re donating
- Spread the word! If you have a blog, blog about your donation. Tweet about the Dog Days of Summer food drive using the #BTC4Pets hashtag. Upload the photo of you and your donation on the Be the Change for Pets Facebook wall!
- Check out the Be the Change for Pets Facebook page for more ideas and be sure to visit the BTC Challenge and BTC Toolkit tabs!
For More Information:
- visit the Be the Change for Pets Facebook page
And For Some Extra Inspiration:
Here’s the inspiring video the Be the Change panel unveiled at BlogPaws!