For generations he’s solved mysteries with Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma, and soon sleuthing Spot Scooby-Doo will join forces with dog behavior expert Cesar Millan to scare up some family- and Fido-friendly Halloween fun for a paws cause.
Scooby-Doo, where are you? On October 30, 2011 the answer will be Lake Balboa Park in Van Nuys, California for the first annual National Family Pack Walk, a 1.5-mile stroll with the ‘pup’ culture icon and the star of The Dog Whisperer.
Along with the walk, dog devotees and their canine companions can enjoy a day of play complete with entertaining activities, games, training and education, with one hundred per cent of the proceeds from the event benefiting the Millan Foundation’s community humane education programs and continuing financial support of the rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing of orphaned dogs.
Over the course of the afternoon pet parents and pooches can:
- look for clues in a scavenger hunt
- watch a Halloween costume contest that’s truly gone to the dogs
- cheer for the talented tail-waggers who show off their skills on an off-leash doggie agility and training course
- check out a Scooby-Doo Reading Lounge, a screening room showing the Scooby-Doo adventure Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur and a gaming room filled with Scooby video and online games
- view presentations by dog experts
- pose for posterity in a photo booth
- meet Scooby and other costumed characters and see the Mystery Machine up close
- enjoy ‘Scooby’ snacks for your entire pack
“This is a movement towards reconnecting ourselves with our dogs and our dog community. It is more meaningful than just walking a dog,” said Millan of the event. “I want it to be symbolic of being part of a community and group that is focused on building healthy relationships with their dogs and each other.”
Admission: Registration is $20 for adults, free for children.
When: October 30, 2011 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., with onsite registration and check-in to be held from 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Where: Lake Balboa Park in Van Nuys, California
For more information:
To make a donation:
Photo Credit: PRNewsFoto/ Warner Bros. Consumer Products