Pop culture icons are helping to draw attention to a paws cause by painting “Pup Art” for a one-of-a-kind online charity auction.
Beginning December 5, 2011, animal lovers can bid on a plethora of pet food bowls painted and autographed by compassionate paparazzi magnets to raise funds for PAWS/LA, a Los Angeles-based non-profit which helps to keep elderly, low-income and seriously ill pet parents with the members of their fur family. The auction is scheduled to run through December 16, 2011. To view the custom bowls:
Following are the Tinseltown stars who tapped into their inner Picassos for PAWS/LA’s Bowl Project 2011:
- Dog devotees have lots of XOXO’s for The X Factor judge Paula Abdul, who signed her dog bowl with ‘Love & Licks!’
- A supermodel and a super role model, Cindy Crawford painted her signature smile and mole to her dog bowl.
- A-list animal lover Ellen Degeneres donated a dog bowl emblazoned with her show’s logo and the one word that goes through every dog’s mind at dinnertime: “Yum!”
- The news that Kenny G. has decorated a dog bowl for the paws cause is music to the ears of animal lovers. The saxophonist painted a symphony of vibrant colors and a phrase for Fidos to live by: “Eat Bark Love.”
- Late night laughfest star (and Mom to Chunk Handler) Chelsea Handler dipped her paintbrush in red, green and blue for her ‘Red Rock’ creation.
- Lesli Kay from The Bold and the Beautiful painted a dog bowl which mirrors the title of the CBS soap. The actress painted a vivid blue and green background embellished with bones and hearts.
- Jane Lynch gives Glee fans something to sing about thanks to her asterisk-accented bowl.
- The lucky high bidder for William Shatner‘s bowl will receive a doggie dish decorated with horseshoes and cowboy hats.
- America’s sweetheart Jessica Simpson created a sweet dog design for her bowl, which features pretty pastel shades and paw prints.
- Twilight star Boo Boo Stewart is helping to bring the dawn of a new day to those helped by PAWS/LA thanks to his contribution. An environmentally-conscious actor, Boo Boo Stewart offers a ‘Green’ dog bowl complete with a paw print design.
- Fivel Stewart, who starred in the TV series Blue Dolphin Kids, painted spots for the Spots who will benefit from funds raised from her pet bowl.
- A play on words painted in perky primary colors, Private Practice star Kate Walsh‘s fun “Life is Ruff” bowl is just what the doctor ordered.
- Bidding on Betty White‘s star, flower and heart-accented dog bowl would be a golden opportunity for fans to show their appreciation for the former Golden Girl’s animal advocacy.
- Rover-loving radio personality JoJo Wright created a Dallas Cowboys-inspired dog bowl for fans of Fidos and football. The blue and white bowl is highlighted with “Go Cowboys” and a star on the outside and black paw prints which parade across the bottom of the bowl.
For more information regarding PAWS/LA:
Photo Credit: PAWS/LA