Unleashing their inner ‘Pup’cassos to help fight the plight of pet overpopulation, a lineup of animal-loving luminaries have decorated dog collars for the sake of SNAP (Spay/Neuter Assistance Program,) a Houston-based organization which has offered free and low-cost sterilization services since 1993.
Presented by LIFE + DOG magazine, the annual Collars for a Cause auction offers creative collars adorned by artists, designers, public figures and a few famous friends of Fidos, including:
- TV personality Kristen Aldridge from Yahoo’s “omg NOW,” who signed a rhinestone-studded collar.
- Comedienne Margaret Cho, who commissioned a one-of-a-kind design.
- A collar from the cast of Days of Our Lives, signed by cast members Kate Mansi, Suzanne Rogers, Shawn Christian, Sarah Brown and Arianne Zucker. The person with the highest bid will also receive a script signed by Alison Sweeney, Joseph Mascolo and other stars of the daytime drama.
- Mickey Gilley, who commissioned an Urban Cowdog collar.
- Reality personality Suzie Ketcham from the VH1 series Basketball Wives, who signed a collar covered in smiley faces.
- Kathie Lee and Hoda Kotb from The TODAY Show, who autographed a Cheers! collar.
- Socialite/animal advocate Tinsley Mortimer, who has shown her love for the paws cause be decorating her collar with X’s and hearts.
- Broadway stars Orfeh and Andy Karl, who created a colorful collage of images for their “Love My Dog” collar.
- Actress Denise Richards, who hand-painted and autographed a collar.
- Animal Planet personality Shorty Rossi from the hit series Pit Boss, who autographed a black leather collar.
- Jordin Sparks, whose ‘Minnie Sparks’-inspired creation, which is signed by the star, includes an autographed 8 x 10 headshot and a signed copy of LIFE + Dog with Sparks on the cover.
- Tori Spelling, who personalized her signed canine collar with a sentiment shared by all pet parents: “Fur babies rock!” The winning bidder will also receive an autographed 8 X 10 headshot of the star.
The auction runs through May 15, 2012.
For more information:
- visit www.collarsforacause.org
For more information regarding SNAP:
- visit www.snapus.org
Photo Credit: Collars for a Cause