Solid Gold has announced a voluntary recall that includes one batch of WolfCub Large Breed Puppy Food and one batch of Solid Gold WolfKing Large Breed Adult Dog Food after being notified by Diamond Pet Foods regarding the presence of Salmonella in Diamond’s Gaston, South Carolina facility.
The foods were distributed in the United States and Canada from between January and May 2012. Like many of the other recalls we’ve shared in the last few days, this voluntary recall is being done out of an abundance of caution as these products were produced at the facility that has been linked to recent recalls of Diamond brand pet foods due to potential Salmonella contamination.
The products involved in this voluntary recall are:
- Solid Gold WolfCub Large Breed Puppy Food, 4 lb, 15 lb, and 33 lb, with a best before date of December 30, 2012 and batch code starting with SGB1201
- 4 lb identifying UPC 093766750005
- 15 lb identifying UPC 093766750012
- 33 lb identifying UPC 093766750029
- Solid Gold WolfKing Large Breed Adult Dog Food, 4 lb, 15 lb, and 28.5 lb, with a best before date of December 30, 2012 and batch code starting with SGL1201
- 4 lb identifying UPC 093766750050
- 15 lb identifying UPC 093766750067
- 28.5 lb identifying UPC 093766750081
Best by dates (lot codes) can be found on the back of the bag in the bottom right-hand corner of 33 lb, 28.5 lb and 15 lb bags and the bottom of the 4 lb bags.
Other Solid Gold recipes, sizes or brands of food are not impacted by this voluntary recall.
For More Information: