Could your local dog park use a $2,000 grant for some improvements?
For the third year, The Nutro Company, a company that focuses on natural pet foods, is unleashing its ROOM TO RUN™ Dog Park Appreciation Project, this year with 30 $2,000 grants to dog parks! This community program is designed to support public, non-profit dog parks and off-leash areas and to encourage greater community engagement. Country singer Sara Evans will be teaming up with The Nutro Company to draw public attention to this great project. (Stay tuned for more in our Celebrity Canines section on Sara Evans!)
“Enhancing dog parks is a natural fit for The Nutro Company, as we’ve had a long-standing commitment to promote a healthy lifestyle for pets by producing natural pet food for more than 80 years,” said Kent Cunningham, vice president of Marketing for The Nutro Company. “Many of us use our own local dog parks as a place to interact and bond with our dogs, so we’re excited to take ROOM TO RUN™ to the next level by encouraging community members to take action and apply for grant support to help enhance their local parks.” Since the program’s inception in 2010, ROOM TO RUN™ has committed more than 3,000 man hours to enhance 60 dog parks across North America.
How to Apply
Grant application forms are available on the ROOM TO RUN™ grant website at www.easymatch.com/NutroRoomToRun. Thirty $2,000 grants will be awarded on a rolling basis (through October 2012) to help fund enhancement efforts in public, non-profit dog parks serving local communities in the U.S. Dog park enhancements may range from:
- General repairs and maintenance (e.g., painting benches, repairing fences)
- Installation of new agility equipment
- Updates to water system
- Creation of a poop bag center
To award the grants, The Nutro Company has formed the ROOM TO RUN™ Associate Board to review and select parks that exhibit the greatest need.
To learn more about the ROOM TO RUN™ Dog Park Appreciation Project:
- visit The Nutro Company’s Community Initiatives page at www.nutro.com/about-us/community-initiatives.aspx
- visit www.facebook.com/NutroProducts (and click the ROOM TO RUN™ tab)
- Grant applications can be found online at www.easymatch.com/NutroRoomToRun
ROOM TO RUN™ criteria for grant support consideration include:
- Demonstrate the enhancement needs of the dog park and the resulting benefit to community (via explanation in application and photos)
- Confirm dog park officials are willing to make park enhancements and that they can be executed in a six-month time period
- Applicant and/or recipient dog park will provide photo updates of dog park enhancements
- Recipient dog park is willing to place a placard provided by The Nutro Company in the park for at least one year, commemorating the grant
This post was written by a Nutro Knowledge Network Member and sponsored by the Nutro Company.