This week on Tracie Hotchner’s weekly DOG TALK® radio show and podcast:
- Dr. Debra Horwitz is a board certified member of the elite group of veterinarians who focus on behavior problems and solving them (there are only about 50 members of the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists), and she has her own practice in St. Louis, Missouri called Veterinary Behavior Consultations. She is going across the country in a big fancy bus called “Keep the L.O.V.E.” to help pet lovers with their problems, sponsored by her organization and CEVA (which makes Adaptil — also known as D.A.P. or “dog appeasing pheromone” and Feliway for cats).
- Tracie talks with the Official Trainer of Dog Talk®, Allison Denlea of Paws 4 Positive Training, about the recent Adoptathon she attended with Tracie in Bridgehampton (at the wonderful little J. McLaughlin store) and observations she made about the dogs for adoption from Southampton Shelter who were there with volunteers.
- Dr. Mark Howes owns the Berglund Animal Hospital in Evanston Illinois and discusses a recent article he wrote about allergy problems for dogs and what we can do about them.
Tracie is also offering these special offers:
- Whole Life Pet is so delighted to be named the Official Treat of both Tracie’s radio shows that they are offering listeners a tremendously tempting 15% off all their products. Go to www.WholeLifePet.com to admire the story of where they get each of their ingredients. Once you decide which proteins your dog or cat deserves as a treat today, put DOGTALK in the code box at check out [If you want a sample before deciding to buy, write to Tracie at RadioPetLady@gmail.com and she will forward your mailing address to the folks at Whole Life Pet.]
- Doggy GOO was so proud to have their medical director Dr. Kristin Holm on DOG TALK that they are offering $10 off any order. If your dog is scratching, licking or generally itchy or has constant ear infections, go right to www.DoggyGoo.com and put DOGTALK10 in the code box — discover whether your dog will join the thousands of others who have gotten relief from this natural supplement (Tracie just bought some herself — for Scooby Doo and his obsessive licking — so join in her in a personal experiment!)
This is one of two radio shows by pet author and canine nutrition expert Tracie Hotchner, who also hosts CAT CHAT® every Wednesday on Martha Stewart Living Radio on Sirius/XM Satellite. Tracie Hotchner is the author of The Dog Bible: Everything Your Dog Wants You to Know and The Cat Bible: Everything Your Cat Expects You to Know.