- Cheer for the flying Fidos who will make a big splash in the dock diving event, Ultimate Air Dogs. Open to all breeds and all sizes, any Spot who can swim can take part.
- Talented tail-waggers will show off their skills during service dog demonstrations from VIP Service Dog Foundation and dog obedience demonstrations from Wolf’s Lair K9 and Premiere K9.
- Racing toward the finish line and right into the hearts of spectators, low-riding Rovers will compete in the Weiner Dog Races. For miniature dachshunds only, the Lilliputian competitors will be separated into five divisions: little smokes for those between the ages of six months to two years; frankfurters for Fidos in the two to seven year age bracket; bratwurst for Spots age seven to 12 years; senior sausages for those age 12 and over, and tootsie rolls for dogs with special needs.
- See if you will be the participant to ‘clean up’ in the Pooper Scooper Races.
- Meet a mushing team and applaud their ability as the Green Valley Dog Drivers offer a demonstration of their pulling power.
- Tiny fans of tail-waggers will have fun at the Kids Tent, where they can have their faces painted to look like a pup; jump around in a dog-shaped bounce house and create a toy canine and other Rover-related crafts.
- Let your Rover run through a range of dog agility equipment. Members of the German Shepherd Dog Training Club of Chicago LLC will be on hand to offer tips for coaxing your canine companion through the course.
- Rovers can rip in the off leash play zone, which will feature separate areas for large and small dogs.
- Clap for the clever canines who will catch frisbees during a demonstration by the Windy City K9 Disc Club.
- Canine Good Citizenship tests will be offered throughout the day. (Testing costs $3 per dog for the CGC program and $12 for the TDI– Therapy Dog Institute– exam).
- When your pup is pooped, take a break in the Rover Rest Area.
- Attendees can help rescued and abandoned dogs and cats in the community by making a donation at the Pawfect Project tent, where donors will receive a goody bag from Mapleberry Pancake House and free product samples. Acceptable donations include monetary donations, cat items, leashes, collars, flea collars, dry puppy food, canned dog food, dry dog food in bags, toys, treats, and bowls for food and water.
- Looking to add a four-legged member to your family? Several rescue organizations will take part in the festivities, including Bombshell Bullies, Foster 2 Home, Havanese Rescue, and Midwest Labrador Retriever Rescue.
- Shop for a souvenir among vendor stalls brimming with pet-related items.
When: September 15, 2013
Where: Carol Stream Town Center at Gary Avenue and Lies Road in Carol Stream, Illinois
For more information:
- visit www.csbarks.org
The following video offers a look at last year/s CSBarks event:
Photo Credit: CSBarks Dog Festival