Making great strides in the effort to create a better tomorrow for dogs and cats in need, a number of animal-loving luminaries will lace up their sneakers on September 15th for the Los Angeles edition of Best Friends Animal Society’s Strut Your Mutt.
A national fundraiser benefitting hundreds of rescue organizations and shelters across the country, hopes are high that the L.A. version of the event will raise $500,000 for such local groups as Angel City Pit Bulls, Best Friends Los Angeles, Kitten Rescue, Lhasa Happy Homes and Much love Animal Rescue.
Stars who will ‘go that extra mile’ for the paws cause this year include:
- Ashley Borden (celebrity fitness trainer)
- Rebecca Corry (comedian/emcee)
- Juliana and Semus Dever (from the ABC series Castle)
- Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie)
- Miguel Ferrer (NCIS: Los Angeles)
- Emma Kenney (from the Showtime series Shameless)
- The Los Angeles Laker Girls
- Rachelle Lefevre (from the hit CBS series Under the Dome and the blockbuster movie Twilight)
- Hartley Sawyer (from the daytime drama The Young and the Restless)
- Concetta Tomei (from the USA Network series Necessary Roughness)
The day of play with a purpose will also include:
- Paw readings
- Pet contests
- a Smooch Your Pooch photo booth
- The Barking Boutique
- Promising Picassos and their canine companions can paint in the PAWS & PALS area
- A chance for Spot to de-stress at the Belly Rub Hub (presented by area animal massage therapists).
- Tasty treats for your tail-wagging chum at the Canine Cafe.
- An Ask a Trainer booth with Beth Harrison from ABC College Training.
- The opportunity to learn more about No Kill Los Angeles at the NKLA tent and Best Friends’ latest campaign at the Best Friends Save Them All tent.
When: September 15, 2013 from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Where: Woodley Park at 6350 Woodley Avenue in Van Nuys, California
For more information:
- visit www.strutyourmutt.org/la
The following video offers a sneak peek at the fun in store for strollers at the 2013 Strut Your Mutt fundraiser:
Photo Credit: Best Friends Animal Society/Strut Your Mutt