An Olympic silver medalist with a heart of gold, NHL star David Backes recently stepped off of the ice and in front of camera to promote Best Friends Animal Society’s second annual Strut Your Mutt event in St. Louis, taking place September 28th.
Doggedly devoted to paws causes, the captain of the St. Louis Blues (seen in the photo at the right during his June 2013 visit to Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab, Utah) invites pet parents to enjoy a leisurely constitutional with their canine companion, followed by a morning of play with a purpose which will include the following activities:
- Kids and creative canines alike can paint in the PAWS & PALS area, sponsored by Petfinder.
- Pamper your pet with a PAWdicure.
- Cheer for the talented tail-waggers who will show off their skills in agility, nose work and rally demonstrations.
- Join in a Fit & Furry Workout.
- Practice ‘doga’ stretching and relaxation techniques.
- Have your Fido’s fortune told at a paw reading by animal communicator Catherine Hughes.
- Pucker up for a Smooch Your Pooch kissing booth photo.
- Have your four-pawed pal pose for a pastel portrait by Kathy Morrison or a PawPrints portrait by Brenda Shelton Photography and Pirello Media.
- Kids can find out about pet education thanks to Dr. Noelle Miles, DVM.
- Microchipping ($15 per pet, with the first 50 microchipped for free.)
- Answers to your canine-related questions at Ask the Trainer and Ask-A-Vet/Vet Tech,
- Find out about Best Friends Animal Society’s new campaign at the Best Friends Save Them All tent.
…and much more!
Part of a national fundraiser benefitting hundreds of rescue organizations and shelters across the country, Strut Your Mutt St. Louis hopes to raise $50,000 for area animal rescue organizations and for Best Friends Animal Society.
Registration: Individuals: $30 ($35 day of the event); couples: $50 ($60 day of the event); Children 12 and under with a t-shirt: $20 ($25 day of the event); children 12 and under without a t-shirt: free; virtual stroller (for those not able to attend the event): $10
When: September 28, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: Tilles Park at 9551 Litzsinger Road in St. Louis, Missouri
For more information:
Photo Credit: PRWeb/Best Friends Animal Society