His creations traditionally make their debut on catwalks, but on October 12th a T-shirt featuring a sketch by an icon of the fashion world will be spotted on the two-legged participants who are taking steps to help animals in need by stepping out for the 20th annual Stroll to the Sea Dog Walk.
Drawing inspiration from his rescue dog Harry, designer Isaac Mizrahi has created the artwork for the T-shirts that every registrant will receive for free for signing up to take part in a two-mile canine constitutional to benefit the Animal Rescue Fund (ARF) of the Hamptons– a non-profit, no-kill adoption center which cares annually for more than 1,000 dogs and cats, many of whom have been saved from high kill shelters or rescued from puppy mills.
Other Activities at the Stroll to the Sea Dog Walk
- Pups can compete in the Dog/Owner Look Alike contest, the Pooch Who Can Smooch competition and the Stupid Pet Tricks Contest.
- Pet parents can have a portrait created of their four-pawed pal by artist Lynn Matsuoka ($25 in pencil, $40 for pastel.)
- An agility course.
- Toe-tapping tunes performed by Sandy Rapp.
- A silent and raffle/auction featuring items by Coach, Tassimo, Miele, and Simon & Schuster as well as restaurant gift certificates, Broadway theater tickets, fitness sessions and much more.
- Free nail clippings for dogs.
…and much more!
When: October 12, 2013 from 9 a.m. – noon
Where: Mulford Farm at 10 James Lane in East Hampton, New York
For more information:
- visit www.arfhamptons.org
Photo Credit: ClipArt