As ensign Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation he traveled through space aboard the starship Enterprise, and on September 29th the actor who portrayed the character will embark on a journey to create a brighter future for pets in need.
Honorary committee members of the Pasadena Humane Society and SPCA, Wil Wheaton and his wife Anne will once again make great strides in helping the ongoing efforts of the non-profit organization by taking part in the 15th annual Wiggle Waggle Walk, a community constitutional with your canine companion. Approximately 2,000 participants and their four-pawed pals will promenade around the Rose Bowl in a one- or three-mile walk, followed by at Pet Expo complete with K9 demonstrations, dog agility shows and canine contests.
Funds raised from the event will benefit the more than 12,000 animals each year who receive comfort and care at the Pasadena Humane Society and SPCA, which Wheaton explains is currently expanding with a low cost wellness clinic, an obedience training area, a pet supply store, more kennels and a grassy place for pups to play.
Fans of Fidos, felines and famous faces can show their support for Wil and Anne Wheaton with a Wiggle Waggle Walk donation to Team Wheaton. For a contribution of $40 or more, the donor will receive a 2014 Celebrity Pet Calendar (seen in the video above) along with a receipt for the 100 per cent tax deductible donation. Created by Anne Wheaton with photographs by Pixie Spindel, the calendar features photos of such animal-loving luminaries as:
- Adam Savage (co-host of the Discovery Channel series MythBusters) and his rescue Rovers.
- Felicia Day (Supernatural, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Cubby, who has played a starring role in the life of the actress since he was adopted from the L.A. County shelter.
- Seth Green (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Robot Chicken, Family Guy) and actress Clare Grant, who posed with their purring pal.
- Jenna Busch and her canine and cat companions.
- Phil LaMarr (MADtv) and his cat Samantha, who he found at the Studio City SPCA.
- Bonnie Burton and her barking buddy Sophie, who was adopted from the Oakland pound.
- Tara Platt and voice-over actor Yuri Lowenthal and their feline friend.
- TV producer Rod Roddenberry and his wife Heidi with their two tail-wagging chums.
- Wil and Anne Wheaton and three of the four-legged members of their fur family– Riley, Marlowe and Seamus.
…and many more!
The Pasadena Humane Society Wiggle Waggle Walk takes place September 29, 2013 in Brookside Park at 480 North Arroyo Boulevard in Pasadena, California.
For more information regarding Pasadena Humane Society’s Wiggle Waggle Walk:
- visit www.pasadenahumane.org
Wil Wheaton participated in the 2009 Wiggle Waggle Walk to honor the memory of his late barking buddy, Ferris. The adoptable dog from Pasadena Humane Society who accompanied the star during the event (now known as Seamus) walked straight into his heart…and home. Marlowe Wheaton, who was adopted by the star from the Pasadena Humane Society in 2012, strolled with her high-profile pet parents in the 2012 walk, and shares her adventure in the following video:
Photo Credit: Wil Wheaton