On Christmas Day in the UK fans of Fidos will find that they will have one more holiday present to enjoy when they turn on the telly as ITV unleashes the hour-long special Paul O’Grady: For the Love of Dogs at Christmas.
The high-profile pal to all with paws who has helped to shine a spotlight on Battersea Dogs and Cats Home in two seasons of the award-winning documentary series Paul O’Grady: For the Love of Dogs returns to the renowned charity to play with the pups, take constitutionals with the canines, feed the Fidos and introduce viewers to some new four-legged friends, including:
- 12 two-week-old German Shepherd mix puppies.
- a toothless Yorkshire Terrier mix named Phyllis, whose dour demeanor doesn’t deter Paul’s dogged determination to show her affection.
- a Great Dane mix called Faith, who was so malnourished that she was unable to walk when she arrived at Battersea, but is now making great strides toward recovery thanks to the organization’s compassionate staff.
- Buddy and Bobby, a Shih Tzu mix and a Bichon Frise who are welcomed at Battersea when their pet parent becomes too ill to care for them.
- Tulula, a Sharpei whose senses of sight and hearing are failing.
- …and Buddy, a nine-year-old, three-legged Staffordshire Bull Terrier who causes a collective lump in the throats of Battersea’s clinic team when a lump is discovered on his chest. Hoping to find a forever home for Buddy (who now has a clean bill of health), Paul O’Grady stepped in front of the camera to make a special appeal:
Join Battersea Dogs and Cats Home ambassador (and doting dog Dad to a barking buddy from Battersea) Paul O’Grady when ITV airs Paul O’Grady: For the Love of Dogs at Christmas on Christmas Day at 5:15 p.m..
For more information regarding Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, which cares for approximately 10,600 dogs and cats each year:
- visit www.battersea.org.uk
Photo Credit: ITV