Spring is a time of new beginnings, and on February 28th dog devotees can say so long to the cold and celebrate the impending arrival of both a new season and the promise of a new day for pets in need at a fundraiser that will put a spring in every animal lover’s step.
The World Animal Awareness Society has partnered with The Carrie Ann Inaba Animal Project to present the Winter’s End Ball – Dancing for the Animals. During an evening of elegant entertainment, guests can:
- tap into their inner Fred Astaire or Ginger Rogers as they try to earn a 10 from special guest, Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba, and three local judges during a ballroom dance competition
- learn how to trip the light fantastic with a lesson in ballroom dancing
- place bids in a silent auction
- enjoy decadent desserts and hors d’oeuvres as well as drinks from a cash bar
- wear canine-or cat-inspired couture to the event to be eligible to win a prize for the most “Lovely Animal Themed Pair.”
Co-hosted by Allyson Martinek of Detroit 96.3 WDVD’s Baline & Allyson in the Morning and WXYZTV 7 anchor Stephen Clark, the Winter’s End Ball will benefit the American Strays Project, a legacy program of the World Animal Awareness Society which is striving to end the plight of homeless dogs throughout the United States.
Tickets: $150 for general admission; $150 for participation in the dance competition; $250 for a premium table
When: February 28, 2014 from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Where: The Detroit Yacht Club at 1 Riverbank Drive in Detroit, Michigan
For more information:
Photo Credit: The Carrie Ann Inaba Animal Project