Celebrating a decade of dogged devotion to both the runway and animal rescue, the 2014 New York Pet Fashion Show will once again prove that trends may come and go, but compassion never goes out of style.
Canines in couture will kick off Westminster Weekend, New York Fashion Week and Valentines Day by commanding the catwalk in the Penn Top Ballroom of the Hotel Pennsylvania. Presented by TropiClean, the evening will include:
- A red carpet welcome
- complimentary hors d’oeuvres and hot and cold food
- A “Gems of Rescue” runway presentation, featuring 12 regal rescue Rovers and stylish shelter Spots sporting fetching fashions festooned with precious gems and crystals. One of the fortunate, fashion-conscious Fidos will be crowned “Rescue Dog of the Year” and will receive $5,000 in cash and prizes, including $1,000 from Turpanion.
- An “Age of Enlightenment” segment, starring styles by Ada Nieves, Gladys Garced and an illuminating look at The Lumieres, a $25,000 doggie dress complete with 150 LED lights and Swarovski crystals and powered by mini-computers and programmed animations. (Combining glamor with a good cause, the runway event will also showcase a $3,000 “Queen’s Crown” and a priceless Diamond Dog Collar designed by Candy Udell from London Jewelers, the creator of the 2.5 million dollar bra seen on the Victoria’s Secret CBS special Angels on the Runway.)
- The “Crown Jewels of Fashion” costume contest, complete with pup and pet parents on the runway. The Pet Designer of the Year and King or Queen of the Show will be awarded by a pack of judges.
- “Treasures of the King,” featuring products from the event’s Gold Paw sponsors.
- Awards presented to high-profile pals to those with paws, including Jill Rappaport, who will be honored as “Humanitarian of the Year”; former reality personality/Animal Aid USA co-founder Prince Lorenzo Borghese, who will receive an “Ambassador of Rescue” award; Candy Udell of London Jewelers’/Rescue Paw Foundation, who will be presented with a “Corporate Excellence” award; the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals will be named “Animal Welfare Organization of the Year; the “Forever Home Award” will be presented to a pet parent/ and adopting shelter/rescue group, and the pup dubbed “Rescue Dog of the Year” will hear applause from a canine-loving crowd.
Hosted by Maria Milito, the voice of The Big Apple’s Classic Rock station Q104.3, the 2014 New York Pet Fashion Show (which will be filmed for TV) is a happening with heart which will benefit the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals and its coalition of 150 shelters and rescue groups.
Tickets: $40 in advance/$50 at the door
When: February 7, 2014 from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Where: 18th Floor Penntop Ballroom at Hotel Pennsylvania, located at 401 Seventh Avenue, 33rd Street in New York City
For more information:
The following video offers a look back at trend-setting tail-waggers who ruled the runway during last year’s event:
Photo Credit: ClipArt