The nation may still be in the grip of winter, but the news that the boys of summer are preparing to step up to the plate for homeless pets is already warming the hearts of doggedly devoted baseball buffs.
Presented by Iams and Kroger, sports fans and their Fidos will have the chance to cheer on the Cincinnati Reds four times during the 2014 season as the team goes to bat in special Bark in the Park games benefiting SPCA Cincinnati.
Baseball lovers can currently purchase their choice of the following:
- An $86 Bark in the Park package complete with both a human and dog ticket for your choice of Bark in the Park dates, two field box tickets (human only) for any Sunday through Thursday game in the season, excluding certain dates, and one 2014 Bark in the Park t-shirt.
- A $144 all Bark in the Park package, offering a ticket for both a two-legged and a four-legged fan for all four Bark in the Park dates, and one 2014 Bark in the Park T-shirt.
- Proud pet parents can promenade with their pup in a pre-game parade on the track surrounding the baseball field.
- For an additional contribution to the SPCA Cincinnati, you can step in front of a Reds backdrop and strike a pose alongside your canine companion for a keepsake photo.
- Mull over the merchandise at a pet expo.
- In the Dog Zone, meet adorable adoptables from the SPCA Cincinnati who would love to be a player on your home team.
Note: A free pet item will be presented to the first 5,000 pet parents to arrive for the September 23rd game.
When: 2014 Bark in the Park game dates include April 14th (when the Reds face the Pittsburgh Pirates), May 13th (against the San Diego Padres), August 26th (versus the Chicago Cubs) and September 23rd (when the Reds go up against the Milwaukee Brewers).
Where: Great American Ball Park at 100 Joe Nuxhall Way in Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo Credit: ClipArt