New this week on Radio Pet Lady Network:
Monday, Feb. 24
DOG TALK (and Kitties, Too!) at 9 PM ET
- Tracie “interviews herself” to encourage people in the world of animals to stop judging, chastising and being indignant with others who have differing beliefs but still pursue a passion for pets in their own ways – explaining that she explores the “gray areas” in the animal universe because they all have a shared interest in the animals – humane organizations and responsible breeders care in their own way about pet welfare, and groups like the AKC, HSUS, AVMA, pet food companies, vegans and rescue groups should respect and be kind to each other for the same reason.
- Chris Walkowicz (author of Dog Show Judging: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) returns to evaluate the judging of the Westminster Dog Show and why Sky, the Wire Fox Terrier was a worthy winner against the dogs she beat: the Bloodhound, Miniature Pinscher, Poodle, Irish Water Spaniel, Cardigan Welsh Corgi and the Portuguese Water Dog (President Obama’s family breed).
- Dr. Benjamin Hart, Professor Emeritus at the University of California at Davis, explains his ground-breaking research financed by the AKC Canine Health Foundation indicating that dogs that are spayed or neutered before 12 months of age have a higher incidence of cancer and joint problems (something Tracie has discussed over the years as early indicators did suggest a correlation that Dr. Hart’s work has confirmed). Over 65,000 people have viewed his results and you can too: http://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0055937.
Tuesday, Feb. 25
HUMANE TALK, HT#8007 at 9 PM ET
- Good news on Botox animal testing: Wayne describes how the anti-wrinkle treatment Botox used to employ an infamous animal testing method, but Botox maker Allergan developed an alternative test that doesn’t use animals; Wayne explains the concept of Meatless Mondays – and how a movement like Meatless Mondays or switching to cage-free eggs can benefit millions of farm animals.
- At other times, enjoy encore presentations of your favorite shows or check the Radio Pet Lady Network podcast library to listen to any of the archived shows (including our Dog Travel Experts show) as a podcast!