This week on Radio Pet Lady Network, you can listen to these popular pet programs as they broadcast or by podcast:
Monday, March 3
DOG TALK (and Kitties, Too!)
- Kathryn Destreza, Director of Field Investigations and Response for ASPCA, discusses 40 dogs recently removed from a Kentucky puppy mill.
- Danielle Hardee in Jackson TN, is VP of Companion Pet Rescue, and straightens out misperceptions about why it good for Southern rescues to pay for transport to the Northeast.
- Muffy Davis – a seven-time paralympic medalist who won four medals in alpine skiing in the Nagano and Salt Lake City paralympic games – is headed to Sochi as the US Paralympic Ambassador (televised for the first time by NBC, starting March 7) but her Canine Companion for Independence service dog Liebe will not be going with her.
CAT CHAT #2025 at 8 PM ET
- Helen Jablonski, feline behavior consultant, with advice about three-dimensional spaces for cats with vertical real estate and Cat Power Tower.
PET CANCER VET #2025 at 8:30 ET
- Gabriella’s dog Sugar, in Northern California, has a rare renal cancer that the veterinarians at the U.C. Davis Vet school were unsure how to treat.
HUMANE TALK #8008 at 9 PM ET
- Dr. Michael Blackwell – senior director of veterinary policy and the chief veterinary spokesperson for the Humane Society of the United States – discusses the inherent conflict for veterinarians who are juggling the demands of multinational food production, large “pharma” companies and grants for research; in his 23 years of federal service with the United States Public Health Service he sees there are “three legs of the stool” – veterinary medicine, humane societies and law enforcement.
Tuesday, March 4
HOLISTIC VETS #3029 at 8 PM ET
- Dr Patrick’s Welsh terrier Cardiff has cancer. Can a vet treat his own dog and do a good job taking him from diagnosis to treatment? Should a vet do surgery on him? Give him chemo therapy?
PET FOOD ADVISORS #7027 at 8:30 PM ET
- Tracie and Dr Sean debate again whether a high protein diet is always effective for a cat – what about the extreme hunger many experience? Whatever you feed a kitten, he will view as the “only thing edible” for the rest of his life.
Wednesday, March 5
DOG TRAVEL EXPERTS #4023 at 8 PM ET
- Tracie and Paris discuss dog training issues like car manners, especially barking in car or hotel room. And they have solutions!
THE EXPERT VET #5024 at 8:30 PM ET
- The 1st show on PAIN – welcoming a new sponsor, the all-natural anti-inflammatory CanineActiv and discussing discussing using anti-inflammatories like Nordic Naturals omega-3 fish oil, glucosamine supplements, and adequan injections.
GOOD DOGS! #6007 at 9 PM
- The 2nd show on aggression – discussing Captain Haggerty’s seven child-killing dogs and why he kept them for research? Explaining Schutzhund training – and whether it is useful for protection training.