As North Shore Animal League America marks its 70th anniversary year, the renowned organization is also celebrating two decades of being doggedly devoted to finding forever homes for Fidos and felines by participating in Pet Adoptathon Month.
Taking place throughout the month of June at more than 2,000 participating shelters in 50 states, Puerto Rico and eight international territories, Pet Adoptathon Month kicks off on May 31st and June 1st at North Shore Animal League America’s adoptathon headquarters in Port Washington, New York with a 36-hour event that will include cuddly puppies, kittens, cats, dogs and:
- a visit from Geoff Schwartz, New York Giants offensive tackle and proud pet parent to a rescued dog (Oslo) and cat (Cotton). Fans can see the sports star on May 31st at 9 a.m.
- a book signing and grooming demonstration by a king of clipping canine coifs, celebrity groomer/reality TV star Jorge Bendersky
- the chance to tap your feet to the beat of tunes performed by singer/songwriter Jeff LeBlanc at a free concert on June 1st at 8 p.m.
- New York radio personalities
- appearances by Marvel comics characters Spider-Man (May 31st from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 pm.) and Captain America (June 1st from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- a show by the skilled Spots on Purina’s Incredible Dog Team
- Activities for animal-loving little ones, including music from Radio Disney, face painting and balloon sculptures
…and much more!
Today 600 Mutt-i-grees are living with loving pet parents who welcomed them into their heart and home during North Shore Animal League America’s 2013 Pet Adoption kick off weekend, and this year the world’s largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization hopes to help 700 canines, cats, kittens and puppies find someone to love.
For more information:
- visit www.animalleague.org
Photo Credit: North Shore Animal League America