Consistently ranked as one of the top dog-friendly cities in the United States, on July 12th animal lovers will flock to San Diego for the Doggie Street Festival– a day dedicated to the option of pet adoption.
Celebrity Spotting in the Pet Book Pavilion
- Attendees can say hello to The Goodbye Girl‘s Quinn Cummings as the Academy Award-nominated star signs copies of her new book “Pet Sounds,” which chronicles the former Family cast member’s life with her four-legged family, including a rescue dog, cat, foster kittens, a rabbit and a lizard.
- Readers who were touched by the New York Times Bestseller The Dog Lived (and So Will I) can have their copy of the book autographed by author Teresa J. Rhyne, who will soon unleash a second tome, The Dogs Were Rescued (and So Was I).
- Celebrity veterinarian Karen “Doc” Halligan will sign copies of her award-winning tutorial for keeping our tail-wagging chums in tip top shape, Doc Halligan’s What Every Pet Owner Should Know: Prescriptions for Happy, Healthy Cats and Dogs.
- Former Today Show correspondent Diana Alvear will sign her children’s book, Sal, Everybody’s Pal, a story of a shelter kitten which helps to pass on a passion for compassion for our four-legged friends to the next generation.Other special guests include Casey Dean, the publisher/editor of San Diego Pets Magazine; Sandie Lampie, who pens the syndicated “Ask Schmoo” pet column; Surf Dog Louie, who will give paw-tographs and help to shine a spotlight on pet adoption; and the skilled Spots from Disc Dogs in Southern California will wow the crown with a demonstration.
- toe-tapping tunes
- a special children’s area
- tasty treats at the cupcake lounge
- the chance to mull over pet-related products and services at vendor booths
- the opportunity for potential pet parents to meet adoptable adoptables from more than 25 rescue organizations.
When: July 12, 2014 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: Liberty Station at NTC Park in San Diego, California
For more information:
The following Pet Lounge video offers a peek at the fun in store at the 2014 Doggie Street Festival:
Photo Credit: Doggie Street Festival