Baseball fans of the two-and four-legged variety are invited to cheer for the Brooklyn Cyclones as the minor league team steps up to the plate to help a paws cause at Bark in the Park.
Taking place on August 12th, the home team will help companion animals in need of forever homes with a day of play that will include:
- Canines and cats from Sean Casey Animal Rescue who are hoping to become VIPs in the hearts of forever pet parents.
- The chance for Fidos and their human family members to promenade around the playing field during a Dog Parade.
- A preparedness clinic in front of MCU Park complete with low-cost microchipping for both dogs and cats; dog licensing and life-saving information to help pets in emergency situations.
- The opportunity to meet Maddie’s Fund’s mascot, who will pitch the option of pet adoption as she throws the ceremonial first pitch to start the game.
- Talented tail-waggers from Pawstars, who will wow the canine-loving crowd between innings with their Frisbee-catching finesse.
- After all of the pre-game entertainment, sports fans and their Spots can take their seats in the bleacher section and watch the Brooklyn Cyclones go to bat against the Lowell Spinners.
A portion of the ticket sales will benefit the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals‘ continuing efforts to help our barking buddies and purring pals in need.
Admission: Tickets are $10 for one person accompanied by up to two canine companions
When: August 12, 2014 (Pre-game activities will take place from 4 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.; game starts at 7 p.m.)
Where: MCU Park at 1904 Surf Avenue in Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York
Photo Credit: ClipArt