Competing in support of a paws cause, pooches will promenade past a panel of celebrity judges on July 12th during Pup Idol, but regardless of which canines garner a coveted title the day’s real winners will be homeless dogs who are hoping to win the heart of a forever pet parent.
Flocking to The Spaniard’s Inn (a dog-friendly establishment in Hampstead), British fans of Fidos and famous faces will cheer on the canine contestants during a day of philanthropic fun which will also include an auction, raffle, and adorable adoptables from All Dogs Matter, the charity benefiting from Pup Idol.
Choosing the triumphant tail-waggers in the categories of Cutest Pup, Mr. Hampstead, Miss Hampstead, Best Rescue, Best Dressed and Golden Oldie, Heart of London magazine reports that this year’s line-up of animal-loving luminaries include:
- Peter Egan– Known by Downton Abbey devotees as Hugh “Shrimpy” MacClare, Marquess of Flintshire, when the star isn’t on set or on stage he into his real life role as animal advocate, which includes acting as a trustee and chairman of All Dogs Matter.
- Marc Abraham– A recent judge of the All Dogs Matter fundraiser The Great Hampstead Bark Off, the celebrity vet is the founder of Pup Aid, an annual event which educates the public about the plight of puppy mill dogs.
- Michelle Collins– Along with Peter Egan, the Coronation Street cast member will be making an encore appearance as a Pup Idol judge.
- Bill Oddie– A doggedly devoted supporter of the registered charity, the comedian/conservationist was recently among the judges at the All Dogs Matter fundraiser The Great Hampstead Bark Off.
- Georgia Slowe– The star of the soap opera Emmerdale produced and starred in a mini-movie about dog walkers which raised close to £1500 for All Dogs Matter at a recent charity screening.
Founded in 2009, All Dogs Matter is a dog rescue and rehoming charity which helps homeless canines in and around London and Norfolk.
Registration: Pet parents can enter their dog in the competition for a £5 fee per category
When: July 12, 2014 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: The garden at Spaniards Inn in Hampstead
For more information:
Photo Credit: All Dogs Matter