September 7th will be a big day for dogs, cats and rabbits in The Big Apple who need forever homes as the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals and The Petco Foundation present Adoptapalooza in Union Square Park.
Potential pet parents will have the chance to meet approximately 300 adorable adoptables from more than 40 shelter and rescue organizations at the family-friendly event, which will also include:
- A talented tail-wagger who uses his unique abilities to draw attention to paws causes, Guinness Book of World Records holder Norman The Scooter Dog– who has shown off his skills in the Hallmark Channel series Who Let the Dogs Out– will wow the crowd.
- Pet guardians can learn how to safeguard the four-legged members of their family thanks to representatives from the New York City Office of Emergency Management/Ready New York.
- Canine and cat microchipping will be available for $25.
- The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene will be on hand for pet parents who need to acquire a dog license for their barking buddy.
- September is synonymous with going back to school, and during the September 7th day of dogged devotion pet parents will have the chance to learn training tips and tricks for their pawed pal during free dog training sessions offered by Petco certified trainers on the Natural Balance field.
- Pet parents can pose for posterity with their pup for free inside a photo booth.
- Canine-loving little ones can have their faces painted or get a glitter ‘tattoo’ at Kids’ Korner.
- Check out free pet products and information from a variety of vendors including Petco, ResQWalker, Natural Balance, Unleashed by Petco, Rover.com and many more.
- Adoptapalooza may focus primarily on Fidos and felines, but the event will also include information tables where those with a passion for compassion can learn about such animal groups as Farm Sanctuary, NYCLASS, Urban Wildlife Alliance, Urban Utopia Wildlife Rehabilitation and Wild Bird Fund.
- A happening with heart, contributions of clean towels, pet toys, blankets and other pet-related items for shelter animals in the NYC area will be collected by Rock & Rawhide.
Admission: Free (NOTE: While there is no admission fee, this is not a free adoption event.)
When: September 7, 2014 from noon – 5 p.m.
Where: Union Square Park, North Plaza at Broadway and East 17th Street in New York City
For more information regarding The Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals:
The following clip from AllforAnimals.tv offers a look back at Adoptapalooza in 2013, when more than 400 homeless dogs, cats and rabbits found their forever families:
Photo Credit: The Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals