American Idol alum Jess Meuse will help to raise awareness of Atlanta Boxer Rescue by raising her voice in song on stage at Jim Miller Park in Marietta during Boxerstock.
The fourth-place finalist on season 13 of the popular FOX crooning competition is the headliner for the annual fundraiser, which benefits a non-profit volunteer organization which has rescued, rehabilitated and re-homed Atlanta-area Boxers in need since its start in 2008. Other acts who are also scheduled to perform toe-tapping (and tail-wagging!) tunes at the event include GA Music Award winners Tiger Creek Band, Megan Fowler, Larry Griffith, JP Blues Band and Stolen Hearts.
Comedienne Shelly Ryan will emcee the day of play with a higher purpose, which will also include:
- a mini-dog park
- a silent auction
- “Ask the Vet” and “Ask the Pros” booths
- the chance to mull over Rover-related merchandise on display at a variety of vendor booths
- demonstrations of doggie dexterity by the agility team duo of Todd Buchla and Georgia and the free-style Frisbee-catching finesse of Fidos from Dahlonega Action Dogs
- canines in costume who will vie for victory in the categories of Most Creative, Most Humorous and Scariest Dog
- adorable adoptables at Rescue Row
- microchipping for $25
- a Kids’ Village complete with bouncy houses, a human hamster ball, face painting, photos with Fido or Santa, Scooby-Doo and K-9 Kids on the Kids’ Stage, and the Kids’ Art Contest.
…and much more!
Note: Boxerstock is a Fido-friendly event, with well-mannered dogs of all breed welcome.
Tickets: $10 per adult, $5 for children between the ages of 5 – 12
When: October 19, 2014 from noon – 6 p.m.
Where: Jim Miller Park at 2245 Callaway Road in Marietta, Georgia
For more information:
- visit www.boxerstock.org
Photo Credit: Atlanta Boxer Rescue; Amazon