Taking place September 7th, more than 80 Moondoggies will hang 20 at Del Mar Dog Beach in Del Mar, California in a canine competition benefiting the Helen Woodward Animal Center, a non-profit, no-kill facility which has helped our furry friends in need for more than 40 years.
- A Stand Up Paddleboarding semi-pro, Laura Nativo– Pet Lifestyle host of the Emmy-nominated series Home & Family– and her Pomeranian Preston will lead a pack of totally tubular tail-waggers in a pre-competition Paddle Paws Parade to mark the newest dog sport to hit the waves.
- Stoked to make a big splash with their sense of style, fashion forward Fidos will promenade in pet apparel in the Beach Bum Bikini Canine Costume Contest.
- Canine-loving little ones can play games, have their faces painted and create a souvenir of their day at the beach in the Kids’ Activity Area.
- Pet parents can mull over the Rover-related merchandise and surfing products on display at more than 70 interactive vendor booths.
- Bummed because you can’t make it to this year’s Surf Dog Surf-A-Thon? You can cheer on the competing canines as you watch all the action unfold during a live broadcast on Ustream.tv or by downloading the Ustream app on your smartphone or tablet.
When: September 7, 2014 from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: Del Mar Dog Beach in Del Mar, California
For more information:
Photo Credit: PRNewsFoto/Helen Woodward Animal Center