For pet parents who have made a New Year’s resolution to embark on enriching their canine companion’s life with an education in etiquette, the Association of Pet Dog Trainers made January National Train Your Dog Month.
Since its start in 2010, this pet holiday has offered a month-long look at the skills needed to keep our barking buddies both safe and stress free, and helps pet guardians understand their dog’s demeanor.
In celebration of National Train Your Dog Month, APDT offers a number of resources for dog devotees which has been created by renowned pet training and behavior experts:
- Tips for finding the right Rover for families with children
- Ideas for parents of multiple pets
- An explanation of various training methods
- A look at the theory and misconceptions surrounding dominance and dog training
- How to find the right trainer to suit both pet parents and their pooch
For more information regarding National Train Your Dog Month:
And don’t miss our 2015 Pet Holidays Calendar!