Stars who have a hunger to hear their name called during Hollywood’s biggest night will flock to the Dolby Theatre on February 22nd for the 87th annual Academy Awards. While only a fortunate few will go home with a golden statuette, those who do not win will have a golden opportunity to offer a taste of the good life to dogs and cats who are longing to land a role in the life of a forever pet parent.
Ellen DeGeneres’s natural pet food company, Halo, Purely for Pets, has once again partnered with Freekibble.com to award 20 non-winning Oscar nominees in the awards presentation’s top five categories a donation of 10,000 meals to the animal shelter or rescue of their choice.
The contribution to the paws cause– a $6,200 donation of Halo Spot’s Stew and new line, Vigor– is one of the prized items in this year’s $160,000 “Everyone Wins at the Oscars” gift bags from the L.A.-based marketing firm Distinctive Assets.
At last year’s Academy Awards presentation Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Nebraska star June Squibb and Captain Phillips cast member Barkhad Abdi gave their donation to their favorite shelter or rescue, with Los Angeles-based shelters receiving donations on behalf of the nominees as well. In total, Halo and Freekibble.com donated 200,000 meals on behalf of 2014 Oscar nominees.
“We know so many celebrities are advocates for homeless animals like we are,” Halo’s vice president of marketing communications, David Yaskulka, stated. “We’re excited to feed it forward to shelters on behalf of the stars!”
Along with the donation, the recipients of the “Everyone Wins at the Oscars” swag bag will also be awarded a tail-wagging welcome by their real life canine co-stars when they return home after the Academy Awards presentation, as the Fidos of the famous will receive some Halo’s Spot’s Stew food and Liv-a-Littles treats to enjoy.
Far from the company’s only philanthropic feat, Halo, Purely for Pets teams with Freekibble.com and GreaterGood.org to donate more than 1.5 million meals to shelter pets annually through the #HaloFeedItForward campaign. Halo has also contributed one million meals to shelter pets for the U.S. Postal Service Adopt a Shelter Pet Stamp Program, and sponsors the PBS series Shelter Me.
The list of stars eligible for the “Everyone Wins at the Oscars” swag bag, with its food donation to homeless companion animals from Halo, Purely for Pets, includes:
Best Actress Nominees
- Marion Cotillard for Two Days, One Night
- Felicity Jones for The Theory of Everything
- Julianne Moore for Still Alice
- Rosamund Pike for Gone Girl
- Reese Witherspoon for Wild
Best Actor Nominees
- Steve Carell for Foxcatcher
- Bradley Cooper for American Sniper
- Benedict Cumberbatch for The Imitation Game
- Michael Keaton for Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
- Eddie Redmayne for The Theory of Everything
Best Supporting Actress
- Patricia Arquette for Boyhood
- Laura Dern for Wild
- Keira Knightley for The Imitation Game
- Emma Stone for Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
- Meryl Streep for Into the Woods
Best Supporting Actor
- Robert Duvall for The Judge
- Ethan Hawke for Boyhood
- Edward Norton for Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
- Mark Ruffalo for Foxcatcher
- J.K. Simmons for Whiplash
- Wes Anderson for The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Alejandro G. Iñárritu for Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
- Richard Linklater for Boyhood
- Bennett Miller for Foxcatcher
- Morten Tyldum for The Imitation Game
Photo Credit: highpaw.com