It’s hard to believe that the FIFTH BlogPaws is coming up in just a few days! Back in 2010, less than two years after we launched DogTipper, we attended our first pet conference, and I spoke on the topic of blog monetization. We didn’t know anyone in the pet blogging world but had the chance to get to know so many pet bloggers that we now call friends. The Columbus, Ohio conference was followed that year by a conference in Denver (which John missed because of a hurricane-caused flood here the day before departure), Washington DC, and then Salt Lake City.
As we prepare for this year’s BlogPaws, I’ve been busy packing photo gear and clothes…but then I decided that I needed, most importantly, to pack some goals. This year, my plans are:
- to talk with as many brands as possible. We’re no longer under contract with a pet food company so we’re looking forward to hearing what’s new from all the brands at the conference.
- to see what’s new. Our first stop is a press conference that’s introducing Sony’s new action cam Pet Mount. We’re looking forward to talking with all the brands exhibiting at the conference to learn what’s new for summer as well.
- to take part in the Petfinder luncheon. We are SO honored to be one of 10 blogs that Petfinder is “adopting” during the conference! We’ll be having a private lunch with Petfinder’s editorial and PR team and will have a sneak peek of Petfinder’s next big promotion to help pets. As you know, we adopted Irie, Tiki and Inca after Petfinder searches so this is a BIG honor for us!
- to meet our pet360 editors. Our pet360 editors will be attending and this will be the first time we’ve met some of them in person since starting the “Bark and Purrtect” weekly column a year ago!
- to learn more about email marketing. I haven’t decided on all the sessions I’ll be attending but email marketing is one area I need more information on so I’ve definitely marked this one on my “to attend” list.
- to talk with dog travelers. For our Dog Travel Experts radio show, I’m looking forward to talking with the many attendees who have traveled to the conference with their dogs!
- to catch up with old friends and meet new ones!
Our publishing schedule will be a bit lighter this week but we’ll catch up with everyone after the conference. In the meantime, be sure to follow along with the fun on our @dogtipper Twitter account and on Facebook!