Famous fans of felines are literally lending a helping hand to cats this holiday season as part of Celebrity Paws 2010, a fundraising online auction to benefit Cats Protection, the leading cat welfare charity in the United Kingdom.
- A dog devotee with an adopt, don’t shop stance, Twilight star Kellan Lutz has equal compassion for cats.
- He gave a voice to the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, and now Twilight star Michael Sheen shares his affinity for felines through his donation of drawing, which features a positively Dali-esque design around his outlined digits.
- He portrays a heroic figure in the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood, and he’s a real life hero to our four-legged friends. John Barrowman contributed a hand tracing that depicts a tiny purring pal on the pad of each fingertip.
- Britcom buffs know Katherine Parkinson as receptionist Pauline Lamb in the series Doc Martin. Her creative tracing features the features of a friendly feline face.
- Maureen Lipman has starred such box office hits as Educating Rita and The Pianist, while sci-fi fans know her as The Wire from an episode of Doctor Who. The talented thespian created a colorful cat-themed work of art for the person lucky enough to have the highest bid.
- Soap star Bill Tarmey of Coronation Street fame created a comical caricature for the cause.
- A living legend, Dame Vera Lynn, who stirred souls with her recording of The White Cliffs of Dover during World War II, donated a delicate drawing.
- visit www.cats.org.uk