We are daytrippers from way back, starting with the publication of our first guidebook, Day Trips from Austin and San Antonio, in 1992. In the years since, that book has split into two separate guides that have gone on to be revised and reprinted more times than we can count, and we’ve also added several other books featuring destinations within day trip distance. We love nothing better than to jump in the car and head off with Irie and Tiki for a day of day tripping fun.
Just what constitutes a day trip? For us, it’s a trip within a two-hour driving radius of home so you can head out for a day of fun–but then put your head on your own pillow that evening.
Here’s a look at our top tips for making the most of your dog-friendly day trip:
- Our Day Trip Packing List You may not be spending the night, but you’ll still want to carry essentials to make the most of your dog-friendly day trip.
- Day Trip Safety with Your Dog Our safety tips both before and during your doggie day trip.
- 12 Tips to Celebrate National Dog Day with a Doggie Day Trip
- Packing for your dog’s hiking trip A special guest video from Andrew Skurka, named “Adventurer of the Year” by both Outside and National Geographic Adventure.
- Dog Park Safety Tips If your dog-friendly day trip includes a dog park stop, be sure to check these tips first.