Product: Happy Tails Organic Treats
What it is: Baked, organic pet treats
Manufacturer: Happy Tails Organic Treats, Atlanta, GA
Happy Tails Organic Treats is a recently-launched company based in Atlanta dedicated to producing organic pet treats made from human-grade, natural ingredients. The company’s current offerings include:
- Carrot Patch dog treats. Ingredients: Organic rice flour, organic all-purpose white flour, organic whole rolled oats, organic carrots, organic flax seeds, organic eggs, and organic vegetable broth.
- No Glutes dog treats. Ingredients: Organic chickpea flour, organic wheat-free buckwheat flour, organic peanut butter, organic eggs, and organic vegetable broth.
- PB&C (Peanut Butter, Banana, & Carob) dog treats. Ingredients: Organic whole wheat flour, organic all-purpose white flour, organic banana chips, organic peanut butter, organic carob powder, and organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Pumpkin Pie dog treats. Ingredients: Organic oat flour, organic brown rice flour, organic pumpkin, organic flax seeds, organic molasses, organic cinnamon and organic eggs.
- Surf-N-Surf dog treats. Ingredients: Wild caught tuna, organic cornmeal, organic all-purpose flour, organic vegetable broth, dehydrated wild caught shrimp, and organic seaweed.
- Cat Crack-ers cat treats. Ingredients: Wild caught tuna, organic cornmeal, organic all-purpose flour, organic vegetable broth, dehydrated wild caught shrimp, and organic seaweed.
All of the treats are baked in small batches with no artificial ingredients, preservatives, or added salt or sugars. Treats are available from the company website and are packaged in eco-friendly 6- and 10-ounce bags.
We were sent a bag of one their most popular choices: Carrot Patch dog treats. These treats are firm, bone-shaped cookies about 1-1/2″ by 1/2″ in size which contain carrots and flax seeds, good sources of phytonutrients and antioxidants as well as beta-carotene, an essential nutrient for eye health. Flax seed is also an important source of fiber and is thought to suppress tumor development. The nutritional analysis of Carrot Patch treats breaks down as:
Crude protein (Min)……….14.2%
Crude fat (Min)…………….6.91%
Crude fiber (Max)…………2.31%
Our experienced treat-testers, Irie and Tiki, snapped up these crunchy goodies and asked for more, so we give Happy Tails Carrot Patch treats a definite paws up!
Price: $8 (6-ounce size); $12 (10-ounce); free shipping via USPS. The company is offering a special coupon code for our readers! Use DOGTIPPER at checkout to receive 15 percent off your order!
For More Information:
Disclosure: We received a 6-ounce bag of Happy Tails Carrot Patch treats for review; we were not paid for our review and all opinions are entirely our own.