With our Adoptable Dog of the Day feature, we go through a lot of shelter and rescue listings. While many shelters take part in food programs that supply their dry food needs, one product that’s always being requested by shelters and rescues is canned food. Whether to help encourage a depressed shelter dog or a senior arrival, canned food is always needed for shelter populations.
When ALPO asked us to help throw a party for a dozen dogs, our thoughts quickly turned to shelter dogs. And perhaps no area in the country is more in need of assistance with a huge shelter and street dog population than the city of Detroit. We all know the difficult circumstances this city and its pet population face.
Last year at BlogPaws we had the pleasure to meet Candilynn and Michael Lockhart, the founders of the Detroit-based DaVinci Foundation for Animals. On a daily basis, they work to help the dogs of Detroit both through their own sanctuary and through their work. We approached Candilynn and Michael to see if they’d like to throw an ALPO party. As you can see, not only did they throw a party of the dogs at their sanctuary, they threw a red carpet party, complete with the beautiful photos below! Take a few moments to look at these great photos of their sanctuary dogs, each from a rescue situation.
If you’d like to throw an ALPO party, whether for your own dogs, your friends, or your favorite rescue, we’ve got a giveaway for a kit to throw your very own taste test party (valued at over $250). Included in the kit:
- Samples of ALPO for the dogs (enough to get your party started as well as some for favor bags to keep the party going after your guests leave)
- A premium ALPO placemat and bowl for your dog
- Disposable bowls and mats for pups at the party
- Nestlé coupons to get food for your human friends
- Dry-erase thought bubbles to write what the dogs have to say about ALPO
- Favor bags to give your party guests (supplies for up to 10 favor bags, including ALPO samples, coupons, bandanas and Kong toys)
- Streamer decorations and banners and more!
How to Enter
We’ve got lots of ways to enter in the widget below; you can enter with as many or as few entry methods as you like. Since this prize involves food, it is limited to US mailing addresses only. Good luck!
ALPO has provided this prize; we have not been compensated for running this giveaway.