What’s your favorite Skype trick? Do you use Skype for anything a bit unconventional? Here’s your chance to share…and, in the process, maybe win a $100 prize!
As one of nine Skype Ambassadors (I’m Pets…but you probably guessed that!), I’m taking part in the #SkypeSavvyChallenge…and challenging YOU to share your favorite way to use Skype!
How do you use Skype? To check in on your pets? To talk to your dog? To interview pet sitters? To give your significant other instructions on feeding the pets while you’re gone? We want to hear about it, pet-related or not! Each of the nine ambassadors will be selecting a winner in their field so be sure to share your favorite Skype uses in other areas, too, including music, fashion, movies and more!
One lucky community member will win a $100 prize that I can select. (And I’d love to hear your ideas for a great prize for pet lovers valued about $100…please leave a comment below with your suggestions!)
My Favorite Way to Use Skype
I also use Skype in a somewhat unconventional method: I check in on our pets when I’m away. It’s not complicated! Here’s a quick rundown of how to use Skype to monitor your pets:
- Create a separate Skype account for your pets.
- Make yourself a contact for your pets in this new account.
- Go to the Preferences tab and, under “Calls” set this account to answer automatically. (That’s why you want a new account…you don’t want your dog chatting all day with your other friends who might call in!)
- Click the “configure” button on that same screen. You’ll next see a popup; select that you’d like it to “answer automatically with video.”
- Make sure your computer is plugged in and that your computer is set to never sleep.
- Position the computer camera to view an area where your pets are often found (like their favorite beds). You’re set!
Now it’s your turn! We want to hear how YOU enjoy using Skype! Whether you use Skype to stay in touch with your parents’ dog in another town or let your brother who is stationed overseas see his dog you’re keeping for him, we want to to hear about it!
How to Enter
On Twitter, Instagram, or your favorite social media platform, share your favorite way to use Skype and be sure to include the #SkypeSavvyChallenge hashtag!
Who Can Enter: everyone age 13 and over with a valid email address and Skype account; void in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria and where prohibited by law.
How often can I enter? Once per day, as long as each entry is unique
Deadline for Entering: July 15, 2014 at 11:59:59 PM PT
Complete Rules: http://skypemoments.com/challenges-official-rules/
This giveaway is sponsored by Skype.