As a child, I grew up in a Maytag home. We had a Maytag washer and dryer from the time we bought the home we moved to when I was 9 (before that, as a military family we moved every year) until I moved out on my own after graduate school. They were dependable, and I don’t ever remember a repairman visiting our home to work on the pair. I learned how to do laundry (and how to fold laundry!) alongside that pair of basic white machines.
And, once I had a home of my own, I kept up that basic laundry routine: the machine went on, the machine went off. Honestly, I didn’t think a lot about laundry or the potential that a machine had to make the job easier.
Until I got the Maytag Bravos XL.
My first high-efficiency machine, I knew that the Bravos would conserve water far more than my old machines, an aspect hugely important to me since we rely on well water (and since our drought continues). But that’s where I thought the differences would end. I was wrong.
The Maytag Bravos has a whole host of features that I didn’t know were available on machines (I guess I’ve been out of touch, laundry-wise!) For example:
- SmoothClose: My new washer has a unique hinge that makes the lid close slowly…no more slamming lid if I lose my grip!
- Allergen Cycle: As you know, I have allergies (and we certainly have plenty of allergens in our home, with two dogs and four cats!) This special setting eliminates 95 percent of common household allergens (pet dander!).
- Deep Cleaning Cold Cycle: I’m loving this cycle the more I use it; it cleans like a warm water wash cycle…but with the energy savings of a cold water wash!
- Advanced Moisture Sensing system: To keep from shrinking clothes (we’d nicknamed our old dryer “the incredible shrinking machine”), the Bravos has this special system to detect how much dampness remains in the fabrics!
- IntelliFill: This sensor automatically detects the level of the load and adjust the level of the water, saving water (hooray!)
- Glass lid: I never thought about a washer having a glass lid…and now I’m hooked on it!
Our Bravos XL washer is a top loader but front-load options are available; both top and front-load machines are available at every price point.
We are so proud of our laundry room now and of the machines that make our laundry room as efficient as it is pretty! Our Maytag Bravos XL machines are as high-tech as they are high-efficiency…definitely not my mother’s washer and dryer!
Disclosure: I wrote this post participating in an Maytag Moms Dependable Laundry Ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Maytag. I was provided with the Maytag washer and dryer set to facilitate my post.