Today we have a special guest recipe from Excalibur Food Dehydrators – America’s top dehydrator manufactured since 1973. I know that many of you know that we’ve often written about our dehydrator (and you’ll find our dehydrator recipes in our The Healthy Hound Cookbook and My Dog Says I’m a Great Cook!)
You can substitute just about any fruit or vegetable in this vegetarian dog treat recipe to add variety. This recipe uses an egg as a binding agent but if you want to make these treats vegan– just mix the dough longer and omit the egg.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes; dissolved in 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup carrots, green beans, apples, or blueberries
- 1 egg (optional)
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients and form into a ball. On a flour dusted cutting board, roll out the dough to about 1/4" thick.
- Cut with bone-shaped cookie cutter or any cutter shape your pet will like.
- Dehydrate at the highest setting 145 - 155 until done.
- Approximately 6 - 8 hours. Add time if needed as treats should be VERY dry.