Homemade play dough. Made in your kitchen with just a few ingredients, it seems so safe. And it is, for your children–your two-legged ones.
It’s another story for your four-legged kids, though.
Homemade play dough can be toxic if consumed by your dog because of the high level of salt used in making the dough. The homemade version of this fun dough has more salt than the play dough you purchase in the store. Both can cause intestinal blockage if your dog eats them but the homemade version can also cause salt or sodium poisoning.
If you have homemade play dough, make sure your dog is secure in another room or outdoors while your child is playing with the substance. Once play is done and the play dough is back in its container, make sure that container is out of your dog’s reach!