With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, everyone’s thoughts turn to showing their love…including love for your pets. If you plan to pamper your dog or cat this Valentine’s Day, the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS), a non-profit organization of in-home pet care professionals, has some ideas:
- Reward your pets with an extra treat or a nutritious, homemade meal.
- Spend quality time with your pets. Whether you lay with them, rub their belly or run around in the backyard, show your pets you enjoy their company.
- Gift your pets with a new toy.
- Treat your pets to a relaxing spa treatment at home: a luxurious bath, brushing, manicure, massage and fresh bedding for naptime.
- Place a donation with a shelter or rescue organization in your pet’s name.
We love these suggestions…many don’t cost anything but some time and others help benefit shelter pets!