The holidays are on the way. Maybe because the past few months have been so busy (not to mention so warm) but it doesn’t seem like Thanksgiving could be just weeks away…
However, it is…and with that holiday means the start of the peak season for pet sitters and pet boarding. For us, holidays mean a time to stay home; working on guidebooks, our travel is always planned during non-holiday periods. We rely on pet sitters at off-peak times.
But, if you will be needing a pet sitter for the holidays, that peak season is fast approaching. The best pet sitters book up very early as families decide to book their favorite sitter so they can enjoy their holidays with the peace of mind of knowing that their pets are safe and happy. If you have a favorite pet sitter, NOW is the time to book for November and December stays.
What if you don’t have a favorite pet sitter? Then now’s the time to find one!
Just as if you were selecting a babysitter, you don’t want to grab the first pet sitter you see. You’ll want to allow time to get information, to arrange a meet and greet, and to call references. You’re entrusting the care of a family member to the pet sitter so you want to leave knowing that you’ve selected a responsible person and fellow dog lover.
Check out Rover.com to start the process. You’ll be able to:
- search by location, narrowing the choices by date available
- narrow the search by sitters who will stay in your home
- narrow the search by sitters who will allow your dog to stay in their homes
- choose from a sliding scale among sitters that fit your budget
- narrow down the sitters who accept dogs of your dog’s size
Once you search, you’ll find a list of matching sitters, each with a photo and more information on their experience and their own dog(s). A quick search in our area even brought up sitters with CPR and first aid training:
Check out the badges on many of the pet sitter’s listings for affiliations with local rescues, professional dog walking certification, and more like the Rover Pack badge…
…and the Rover Protection Package…
It all adds up to peace of mind for YOU which, after all, is the key to a good holiday getaway!
How to Save Money on a Pet Sitter
- use coupon code for $25 off your first Rover.com booking. Use the coupon code DOGTIPPER25 at checkout! Visit www.rover.com/dogblogs to redeem your code!
How to Learn More about Rover.com
- search Rover.com
- listen to our one-hour interview with Susan Koehler from Rover.com on our DOG TRAVEL EXPERTS radio show
- follow Rover on Facebook and Twitter
- read our previous posts on Rover:
Disclosure: We are working with Rover.com to help share their services with our readers. As you know, we only promote services and products that we personally use with our own pets!