Are you looking for a volunteer vacation that involves dogs? Check out this package that we just received news of from Utah’s Quail Park Lodge. Dog lovers can spend the day at the nearby Best Friends Animal Society’s Sanctuary then and bring a canine pal back come back that night to this retro-chic hotel for a dog sleepover. By bringing the shelter dog “home” with you for the night, you’ll help the Society begin to socialize dogs for adoption—and provide these animals some always-needed love.
The Package: The “Puppy Therapy” package at Quail Park Lodge includes:
- your accommodations
- Gift certificate for local pizza delivery (a $25 value) as well as sodas, so guests can spend as much time with their new best friend as possible.
- A selection of assorted doggy snacks and treats.
- Before their stay ends, guests will also receive a keepsake frame and Polaroid of them with their puppy pal.
To receive the package, guests should enter “PUPPY” during online checkout.
Price: The “Puppy Therapy” package is priced at $79 for a double room and $99 for a suite, per night.
Dates: The “Puppy Therapy” package is available November 1, 2009, through April 30, 2010.
The Hotel: The 13-room, boutique-style Quail Park Lodge offers guests and their four-pawed pals a complete vacation experience with:
- A perfect, central location between the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park
- Classic cruiser bicycles for touring downtown Kanab
- An outdoor swimming pool and outdoor lounging area (seasonal)
- Fresh fruit, pastries and coffee each morning in the lobby
- Complimentary computer, printer and internet access
- Plush pillow-top mattresses, hypoallergenic comforters, 300-thread count, triple-sheeted linens, and four pillows (two soft, two firm)
- In-room IPod/MP3 player docking stations, wireless internet connection, a refrigerator and a microwave
- Spa-quality personal-care amenities
- A dog-friendly policy
First opened in 1963, Quail Park Lodge was purchased by Matt Walters in 2008 and underwent a full remodeling which was completed May 2009. Recently voted as one of America’s best budget hotels by AOL Travel, the new Quail Park Lodge embraces its original retro, roadside lodge aesthetic while adding a full range of amenities for the modern traveler—and his new “best friend.” The Lodge is located at 125 North 300 West (Hwy 89) in Kanab, Utah.
For more information:
- visit quailparkLodge.com
- call (435) 644-8700
Photo courtesy Quail Park Lodge