Las Vegas is becoming so much more dog-friendly these days, and we’re seeing an increasing number of pet-friendly locations. The latest we’ve learned of is THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, one of only a few dog-friendly properties actually on the Strip. This hotel has introduced dog-friendly suites with a separate valet, elevators steps away from the resort’s entrance and a designated walking area.
If you are traveling with your dog, here’s what you can expect at THEhotel:
- Upon arrival at THEhotel, you and your four-legged family member will be greeted with a special welcome letter, tasty treats and doggy relief bags.
- Escorted by their owners, dogs will then enter their elegantly appointed suite on the 22nd floor which will be outfitted with eco-friendly food and water bowls.
- Dog-friendly amenities include special meal options for man’s best friend on the in-room dining menu. One dish guaranteed to make Fido’s tail wag is the “Backyard Delight,” which consists of hamburger, potatoes, zucchini, carrots, apples, parsley and ground turmeric. Meals range from $9 – $17.
- The “Barking Lot Lane” is just steps away near the west entrance of THEhotel. Owners are welcome to walk their dogs themselves or the concierge is available upon request, for an additional fee.
When you’re ready to step out to enjoy some Vegas fun, your dog can take advantage of pet-sitting and dog-walking services offered by THEhotel concierge for an additional fee. Otherwise, dogs should be properly boarded in-room in a kennel. Various sized kennels are available for rent through THEhotel’s concierge for an additional fee.
Restrictions & Fee: THEhotel allows guests to travel with up to two dogs – together weighing no more than 100 pounds – for a daily fee of $50 per canine.
For more information:
- call (877) 632-7000
- visit www.mandalaybay.com/thehotel/
Photo courtesy THEhotel