The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is coming up on February 13 and 14 and preparations are underway at New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania, recently named the Westminster 2012 “Pet-Friendly Hotel Of The Year.”
The hotel is known for hosting Westminster champions, including 2008 Best in Show winner Uno the Beagle (seen here with Paris at an area event), and even the first ever ‘pup’tual Westminster wedding ceremony in 2011.
This year, Hotel Pennsylvania will feature several special events coinciding with the show:
- A live Westminster Kennel Club broadcast satellite feed from the Hotel’s Lobby will take place with 2012 Dog Show participants. It will take place on Friday, February 10th.
- A Pre-Westminster Fashion Show & Gala on Friday, February 11th, where the hotel will officially receive the 2012 “Pet Friendly Hotel Of The Year” award.
- The largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York. Located within the lower level of the Hotel, the 1st In-Line, Inc. sponsored Green Room Salon & S’paw’ offers a variety of amenities for these VIP’s including: bathing/beauty parlor/salon, dog grooming/comfort station, exercise area, walking area, his/hers relieving area, a canine masseuse and an animal communicator!
- The 4th Annual Business of Pet Writing Conference. Scheduled for Feb. 11 in the PennTop Ballroom, the event features networking with publishers and pet industry representatives. The Business of Pet Writing Conference also welcomes a variety of notable veterinarians and prominent representatives from the pet food industry who are eager to assist pet writers with their research, book and article ideas, contact information, additional educational opportunities, and access to materials (studies, reports, press releases, etc.).
- The American Canine Education Foundation (ACEF) & the Senior Conformation Judges Association (SCJA) Annual Buffet Reception & Dance, which is open to the public, takes place at the PennTop Ballroom on Sunday February 12th.
- Doggie Concierge on-site and a Paw Mall, featuring all the latest accessories/gifts for both owners and pets to enjoy.
The Hotel is offering special rates for Westminster guests with dogs and those guests without dogs.
For More Information:
- call 212-736-5000 (locally) or 800-223-8585 (toll-free)
- visit www.hotelpenn.com
SOURCE New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania