The impending arrival of spring means that the boys of summer will soon come out swinging for paws causes, and in The City of Champions the Pittsburgh Pirates will once again pitch the option of pet adoption during Pup Nights at PNC Park. Presented by Rachael Ray Nutrish, a portion of the proceeds from each Pup Night at PNC Park will benefit area animal shelters!
The leaders of the pack when it comes to hosting Fido-friendly games, the Pirates will play ball for baseball buffs and their buddies who bark at 13 Pup Night events this year. Pet parents and their pooches will be sitting in the catbird seat in the Miller Lite Rooftop area (Section 335 – 339) as they watch the Pirates take on the following major league teams:
- The Cincinnati Reds on April 11
- The Chicago Cubs on April 25
- The Washington Nationals on May 16
- The Arizona Diamondbacks on May 30
- The Colorado Rockies on June 13
- The Tampa Bay Rays on June 27
- The Milwaukee Brewers on July 18
- a second game against the Cincinnati Reds on August 1
- The Detroit Tigers on August 8
- The Los Angeles Dodgers on August 22
- a second game against the Chicago Cubs on September 5
- a second game against the Milwaukee Brewers on September 19
- The Baltimore Orioles on September 26
Along with sharing a bonding experience with their favorite human, sports-loving dogs attending the following games will also receive a Pirates-branded souvenir:
- a treat bag will be given to ticket-holding tail-waggers at the April 11th showdown between the Pirates and the Cincinnati Reds.
- dogs at the April 25th game can perfect their catching skill when they go home with a ball thrower.
- pups at the September 19th game will receive a placemat.
Tickets: $35 for a dog package (one person and one dog); $35 for each additional human ticket
Where: PNC Park at 115 Federal Street in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Nutrish is a DogTipper sponsor. As always, all statements are entirely our own.