The Arizona Diamondbacks may have won the World Series in 2001, but in 2016 the major league team won the admiration of both two-and-four-legged fans by creating a season-long, dog-friendly dog park complete with a Dog Days of Summer program which welcomes dogs to every Sunday game played by the D-backs.
By ‘pup’ular demand PetSmart and the Arizona Diamondbacks have expanded the Dog Days of Summer ticket package for 2017. The package now consists of 21 games thanks to the inclusion of Monday home games at Chase Field.
When pet parents take their sport-loving Spot out to the ball game, they will see all the action from one of 30 Doggie Suites on the PetSmart Patio, where your dog can snack on doggie ice cream sundaes topped with kibble. If watching the players out on the field inspires your pup to play, Rover can romp at Chase Field’s indoor and outdoor PetSmart dog park.
Looking to play ball will a furry MVP (Most Valuable Pup)? Last year close to 60 pups found forever families to love at Diamondback’s Dog Days of Summer games, and the option of pet adoption will be pitched again this season at The Adopt Spot™ @ Chase pop-up adoption center. Supported by PetSmart Charities, the adoption area will feature appearances by dogs from the Arizona Animal Welfare League, the Arizona Humane Society and HALO Animal Rescue. A few fortunate Fidos who are hoping to score a home run in the heart of a potential pet parent will even enjoy a moment of stardom when they get a shout-out on the big screen.
Coveted Dog Days of Summer tickets start at $160 and include tickets for four humans and one dog, all-you-can-eat for fans, and a PetSmart “Doggie Bag” filled with free fun including chews, a water bowl and a dog bed. To purchase the package, visit www.dbacks.com/petsmart. Use DOGDAYS as the promo code.
2017 Arizona Diamondbacks Dog Days of Summer Games
- April 23rd against the Los Angles Dodgers
- April 24th against the San Diego Padres
- May 14th against the Pittsburgh Pirates
- May 15th against the New York Mets
- May 22nd against the White Sox
- June 11th against the Milwaukee Brewers
- June 25th and June 26th against the Philadelphia Phillies
- July 2nd against the Colorado Rockies
- July 9th against the Cincinnati Reds
- July 23rd against the Washington Nationals
- July 24th against the Atlanta Braves
- August 13th against the Chicago Cubs
- August 14th against the Houston Astros
- August 27th against the San Francisco Giants
- September 10th against the San Diego Padres
- September 11h against the Colorado Rockies
- September 24th against the Miami Marlins
- September 25th against the San Francisco Giants
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ mascot, Baxter the Bobcat, gives viewers a video tour of PetSmart Patio:
Photo Credit: PetSmart