For the sixth year, fans of football and Fidos will huddle at the Cotton Bowl stadium in Dallas as the Friends of Fair Park unleash a day of play that never fails to score a touchdown with dog devotees.
- If you have a doggie double, sign up to compete in a pup/pet parent look-a-like contest.
- You’ll be ‘bowl’ed over by the skilled Spots who will tackle the animal-only agility course.
- If you’re looking to recruit a Rover for your home team, adorable adoptables from area rescue groups and other animal welfare organizations will be at the Woofstock “tail”gating zone outside the Cotton Bowl’s entrance gate.
- Enjoy toe-tapping and tail-wagging tunes all afternoon.
- Even if the temperature in Dallas is toasty during the event, canines can keep cool at misting ponds and giant “dip and sip” dog bowls.
Admission: Free (Parking is $10 within Fair Park’s gates, or ride DART Rail Green Line to the Fair Park Station.)
When: May 6, 2012 from 1 – 5 p.m.
Where: The Cotton Bowl at Fair Park in Dallas, Texas
For more information:
- visit www.fairpark.org
Photo Credit: Dog Bowl at the Cotton Bowl