Her portrayal of a possessed child in The Exorcist made movie audiences’ blood run cold, but today Linda Blair’s charitable efforts warms the hearts of animal lovers. As the founder of the Linda Blair WorldHeart Foundation the scream queen uses her star status to illuminate the option of adoption and shine a spotlight on the problems of pet overpopulation, animal cruelty and the injustice of BSL, and on October 5th and 6th the silver screen icon will appear on stage at Bark at the Park to help the paws cause.
Join the crowd of almost 10,000 animal lovers and their tail-wagging chums during two days filled with Fido-friendly activities including:
- Agility demonstrations
- All breed obedience match
- Canine good citizen test
- Dancing with dogs
- Disc dogs demonstrations
- Doggie games, including the Caneinstein IQ test, Pawcasso paws and tail painting projects and Diva Dogs dress-up area
- Kyra Sundance’s Precision Stunt Dog Team Chalcy and Jadie (as seen on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno)
- Lure coursing– all dogs are invited to chase a fake bunny, with $1 per run donated to the Bark at the Park Lancaster charity, which will be added to the event’s other donations for the LA County Animal Shelter in Lancaster
- Man’s best friend contests, with categories including best trick, look-a-like, best singing dog, best dressed dog and best human barker
- Pet fashion parade
- protection demonstration
- Race the Wind
- Skateboard demonstrations by English Bulldog Bony Hawk
- Splash dogs
- Urban sledding
Attendees can also mull over merchandise at pet-related vendor booths.
As all animals are heaven sent, there will be a Blessing of Dogs for the pups from local rescue groups and shelters who will be looking for forever homes at the event.
…and much more!
When: October 6 – 7, 2012 (Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
Where: Lancaster City Park at 43011 10th Street West in Lancaster, California
For more information:
Photo Credit: ClipArt