Weaving philanthropy with Fido-tastic fashion, the third annual New Yorkie Runway benefit will shine a spotlight on stylish Spots and their human supporters as they command the catwalk for a good cause.
A list of of some of the stars who will strut alongside fashion forward Fidos and help to highlight the action for the benefit of Angel on a Leash (a non-profit which creates therapy dog programs for hospitals and institutions) has just been unleashed:
- A platinum-selling performer with a heart of gold, Peter Yarrow– who gained fame as one-third of the iconic folk music trio Peter, Paul and Mary– will act as one half of a modeling duo. The singer has previously shown his support for the charitable organization through song at an Angel on a Leash benefit concert.
- Former MTV reality personality Kenny Santucci (Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Fresh Meat, The Challenge: Rivals) will help to create a better reality for those in need of a therapy dog when he takes part in the benefit.
- She’s won the title of Miss Teen USA 2012, and Logan West will win the hearts of dog devotees when she reigns over the runway with a well-dressed Rover.
- Miss USA 2011 Alyssa Campanella, who posed with a pup on the catwalk at last year’s event, will take on the role of host for the 2013 New Yorkie Runway.
- The pups and people who will promenade on stage will be introduced by the evening by emcee David Frei, the voice of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
- Former MTV VJ Lyndsey Rodrigues will interview the stars on the red carpet.
Tickets: $35 (show only; $50 (cocktail reception and show)
When: February 7, 2013 (red carpet cocktails and photo ops start at 5:30 p.m.; the doggie fashion show begins at 7 p.m.)
Where: The New Yorker Hotel at 481 Eighth Avenue at 34th Street in New York City
For more information:
- visit www.newyorkierunway.com
Photo Credit: New Yorkie Runway