Tucked in the Texas Hill Country, the 940-acre Canyon of the Eagles, complete with a 62-room lodge, nature trails, bird and butterfly trails, a fishing pier, cruises, and the Eagle Eye Observatory, is welcoming four-legged visitors with a special package.”Dogs Days of Summer” will welcome fidos with a free stay as well as special programs and contests.
Featuring 14 miles of hiking trails as well as three miles of private shoreline on Lake Buchanan, Canyon of the Eagles offers guestrooms as well as campsites and RV sites, all with access to nature-based educational programming.
The Package: The Dogs Days of Summer package will include:
- Dogs stay for free during the month of August (park and guest room fees are waived.)
- Dog treat available at check-in.
- Special commemorative “I love Canyon of the Eagles” bandana.
- Private beachfront for swimming, Frisbee or fetch.
- Canoe and kayaking available to enjoy with your dog.
- Special activities and contests each Saturday.
Special Events: August will include a calendar of special events for dog lovers including:
- August 4: Dog beauty contest
- August 11: Dog funniest antics contest
- August 18: Best dog trick contest
- August 25: Dog hike and book signing with Melissa Gaskill, author of Best Hikes With Dogs: Texas Hill Country And Coast
Rates: All guest rooms are priced at $129 during this period.
For more information:
- call (800) 977-0081
- visit www.canyonoftheeagles.com