As the Fidos of the famous they’ve seen their pet parents strike poses for the camera, and now the pups of high-profile UK personalities are lapping up the limelight as their portraits help homeless dogs picture a brighter tomorrow.
Presented by PetsPyjamas.com, The Company of Dogs exhibition and online auction features photographic portraits of celebrities’ Spots as well as 20 adorable adoptables, all captured for posterity by animal portrait photographer Gerrard Gethings. On display from March 21st through March 29, 2014 at the PetsPyjamas gallery in London, framed images autographed by the photographer are currently up for bid in an online auction, with all of the proceeds benefiting the largest dog welfare charity in the United Kingdom, Dogs Trust.
Among the photographic Fidos of animal-loving luminaries who have had their picture snapped in support for the paws cause are:
- Sherlock/Mr. Selfridge star Amanda Abbington’s long-haired Dachshund, Arthur
- The Only Way is Essex cast member Lydia Bright’s King Charles Spaniel, Toffee
- TV presenter/model Peaches Geldof’ Golden Retriever, Parpy
- Blur bassist Alex James’ Whippet, Sox
- Model/designer Yasmin Le Bon’s canine companions Cecil (a Boston Terrier), Luigi (a Pug) and Tinka (a Chihuahua)
- Model Daisy Lowe’s Maltese, Monty
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson’s Labradoodles, Bella and Moon
- The Saturdays’ Vanessa White’s Puggle, Maggie
For more information:
- visit www.petspyjamas.com
Photo Credit: PetsPyjamas.com/Gerrard Gethings