Stars of the concert stage, sports arenas and the silver and small screen have joined Best Friends Animal Society’s list of celebrity ambassadors who are taking the opportunity to use the spotlight that their status brings as away to shine a light on the renowned animal welfare organization’s mission to Save Them All.
The latest luminaries who have made a commitment to the paws cause are:
- David and Kelly Backes– the captain of the NHL team the St. Louis Blues/2014 winter Olympian who helped Sochi’s dogs in need co-established Athletes for Animals with his wife Kelly in 2013.
- Ashley Borden– the celebrity fitness trainer/multi-pet parent took part in Strut Your Mutt and attended the grand opening of the No-Kill Los Angeles (NKLA) Pet Adoption Center.
- Seamus and Juliana Dever– Co-stars on the ABC series Castle and in real life, the high-profile husband and wife have taken part in Strut Your Mutt; helped adoptables find loving pet parents at an NKLA adoption weekend and promoted the Invisible Dog movement, which raised awareness of shelter animals with the mobile phone application My Dog ID.
- Jackson Galaxy– the reality personality who teaches pet parents how to keep their meowing family members mellow on the Animal Planet program My Cat from Hell has helped to promote Best Friends Animal Society sleepovers with adoptable dogs and cats; attended the grand opening of Best Friends Animal Society’s Pet Adoption and Spay/Neuter Services in Mission Hills, California, and recently posed with one of his purring pals for the Save Them All campaign.
- Emma Kenney– the Shameless star volunteered at a Best Friends pet adoption event.
- Lassie– the iconic collie recently helped out at the 2014 NKLA (No-Kill Los Angeles) adoption weekend, when 472 dogs, cats, puppies and kittens found their forever homes.
- Jes Macallen– star of the ABC series Mistresses and wife of actor Jason Gray Stanford, who was previously named a Best Friends Animal Society Celebrity Ambassador.
- Moby– the Grammy-nominated recording artist celebrated the launch of the NKLA campaign; took part in a NKLA adoption weekend and promoted the option of adoption with a video for his song “Almost Home.”
- Kevin Nealon– Famous for his years on Saturday Night Live and the Showtime hit Weeds, Nealon filmed a NKLA PSA.
- John David (J.D.) Souther– the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame inductee, who recently appeared on the ABC series Nashville, is a multi-pet parent and longtime supporter of Best Friends Animal Society.
- Hilary Swank– the two-time Oscar winner and founder of the Hilaroo Foundation took on the role of host for the launch of the NKLA movement.
- Danny Trejo– seen on screen in movies like Once Upon a TIme in Mexico, Machete Kills and Con Air, the star (seen in the above photo with his rescue dogs) recently stepped in front of the camera with his rescued canine companions for the Save Them All campaign.
The doggedly devoted personalities join a roster of stars who have already taken on the role of Best Friends Animal Society celebrity ambassadors, including Gabrielle Anwar, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Julie Marie Berman, Travis Clark, Neko Case, Kevin Conway, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi, Laura Dern, Richard Donner and Lauren Shuler Donner, Lisa Edelstein, Patrick Fabian, Dr. Jane Goodall, Jason Gray-Stanford, Emmylou Harris, Tricia Helfer, Linda Hunt, Carrie Ann Inaba, Hawk Koch, Joanna Krupa, Maggie Lawson, Cloris Leachman, Rachelle Lefevre, Nils and Amy Lofgren, Bill Maher, Jillian Michaels, Alyssa Milano, Willie Nelson, Timothy Omundson, Valery Ortiz, Lu Parker, Maggie Q, Autumn Reeser, Denise Richards, Eric Roberts, Amy Smart, Yeardley Smith, Ian Somerhalder, Eric Stonestreet, Charlize Theron, Emmanuelle Vauglier, Kelly Wearstler and Bruce Weber.
Established in 1984, Best Friends Animal Society operates the largest no-kill sanctuary for companion animals in the country, and has played a vital role in the reduction of the euthanization of dogs and cats in the U.S. shelter system from 17 million annually to approximately four million.
For more information regarding the compassionate public figures who have been named Best Friends Animal Society celebrity ambassadors:
Photo Credit: PRWeb/Best Friends Animal Society