Going the extra mile to help our four-legged friends, people in Pasadena with a passion for compassion will gather at The Rose Bowl to take steps toward the creation of a better tomorrow with every step they take during Race for the Rescues.
Raising heart rates while raising funds for a number of animal welfare organizations, The Rescue Train’s annual event– which is celebrating its 12th year in 2017– includes a 5K (3.1 mile) run, a 10K (6.2 mile) run, a 1k Dog Walk and a 1K Kids Run for children age 12 and under.
Can’t make it out to Pasadena to jog for the sake of dogs and cats in need? You can still help efforts to put homeless companion animals on the road to finding a forever family to love by signing up for the Couch Potato Race!
Lucy Pet Product’s Wave Tour II
Race for the Rescues is a stop on Lucy Pet Products’ Gnarly Crankin’ K9 Wave Maker Tour! The attraction, which made Guinness World Record history as part of the longest and heaviest float ever during the 2017 Rose Parade, will make big splash with the canine-loving crowd as totally tubular tail-waggers on surfboards ride the waves as they help to raise awareness of Lucy Pet Products and The Lucy Pet Foundation.
A family-owned and operated business, Lucy Pet Products offers dog and cat “products with a cause,” with net proceeds from sales aiding the mission of The Lucy Pet Foundation to end unnecessary euthanasia through Lucy Pet Foundation spay/neuter and pet adoption mobile clinics.
Attendees who aren’t pounding the pavement for the paws cause can:
- move their feet to the beat during a DJ dance.
- find out what Fido is really thinking with help from a pet psychic.
- applaud the adorable adoptables who strut on stage at the Rockin’ Adoption Show.
- place bids in a silent auction.
- mull over merchandise at vendor stalls brimming with unique pet-related products.
- enjoy tasty treats from a variety of food trucks.
Stepping into the role of a celebrity host for the event are Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning actress Jane Lynch, celebrity pet expert Harrison Forbes and Patricia Lopez of the ABC7 program Vista L.A.
About The Rescue Train
Race for the Rescues is made possible each year thanks to The Rescue Train, a non-profit which offers aid to an array of animal welfare organizations. Since its start in 2005, the event has raised $3.25 million for rescue groups who are in a daily race against time to save animals in need.
Race for the Rescues 2017 Benefiting Partners
All of the proceeds from the event will help to further the efforts of:
- Animal Defenders International
- The Cat Posse
- BFF Pet Rescue
- Dogs on Deployment
- Downtown Dog Rescue
- Fire and Ice Horse Rescue
- Healthcare for Homeless Animals
- Heaven on Earth Society for Animals
- Home Dog LA
- Hooves and Paws Animal Rescue
- K9 Spirit Organization
- K9 Youth Alliance
- Let Them Be Little Feline Rescue
- Neigh Savers Foundation
- Orange County Pit Bull Rescue
- Pacific Pups Rescue
- Ridgebacks and Friends
- The Real Bark
- The Rescue Train
- Rocky Ridge Rescue
- Sachi Animal Rescue
- Sante D’Or Foundation
- Second Chance Pet Adoptions
- Southern California Labrador Retriever Rescue
- Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue
- United Hope for Animals
Admission: Free (Runners must pay a registration fee to participate in any of the races.)
When: October 14, 2017
Where: The Rose Bowl at 1001 Rose Bowl Drive in Pasadena, California